Monday, June 25, 2012

Shelf Life

Hi all!

It's time for another edition of "Kevin and Tiffany love to save money". This weekend while waiting for some friends to arrive at dinner, we found ourselves wandering through a nearby TJ Max. We headed straight for the home organization section in search of good deals on products we love, and there it was...

The Expand-a-Shelf
Once again, remember in this post when Kevin and I listed our favorite Container Store kitchen items? The expanding shelf made the top of the list for its ability to give your cabinet items stadium seating. And there it was, marked down to $6.99 (Regularly $14.99 at The Container Store).

I could not wait to try this in our spice cabinet. Here was the before...

What's that behind the ground tumeric? No one knows..

This is the view I typically see of our spices from my meager height.
And look what a difference the Expand-a-Shelf made!
Ah, spices living in peace with one another.
This product is great because I actually feel like it's easier to put things away and keep them with like items. Before I would just place whatever item I recently used in the front of the cabinet and slide farther back whatever was already there. Now everything has its own home within the cabinet. Another feature I love is that the product expands and contracts to fill your entire space. For this project, I decided not to expand it the full length of our cabinet because some of my spices are HUGE (Yay Smart and Final) and wouldn't fit on the top tier, but would block the spices behind them if placed on a lower tier. Instead I chose to leave part of the cabinet uncovered by the Expand-a-Shelf to accommodate for those taller items.

We are amazed what a difference an inexpensive item has made!

New update: Our website is looking fancier these days thanks to Kevin's hard work. Turns out he's a great husband and a wonderful business partner! Be sure to check it out:

graceinteriororganizing.com

Contact us to get started on your space!

-Tiffany Pope
Tiffany@graceinteriororganizing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment