Thursday, November 15, 2012

Another new series: Things on Thursday

This is the week for starting a new series! I am really excited to start "Things on Thursday" and share with you new and old organizing items that I love!

This week I'm reviewing the Dial Diamond Drawer Organizer.
While you can find this product here on Amazon for $14.99, I lucked out and found this item at Ross for $4.99 and was so excited to take it home to use it.

This product is made up of plastic zig-zag pieces that snap together to create 32 compartments that are 4 1/4" x 4 1'2. I was really happy that each piece was separate because I was able to customize the shape of the organizer.

For example, in the picture above, I saved two of the "zig-zags" for Kevin's drawer and only used four in my own. Assembly was very easy- no tools required. (That's almost a negative for me...I really enjoy power tools).

This product has been working out really well. The pieces are sturdy and each compartment can fit one pair of socks and about 4 pairs of (ladies) underwear. The diamond shapes make the drawer look really clean and tidy, and my small items are separated nicely instead of all jumbled up in a drawer.

The only thing I would do to improve this item would be to make it a little deeper. You can see along the side of the drawer in the picture above that there is unused vertical space (my BIGGEST organizing pet peeve). If the compartments were deeper, I could store more in each one and have extra space. 

Overall, I am very happy with this item. It has hugely improved the look and function of my drawers. I would definitely recommend this item!

No comments:

Post a Comment